Musician // Podcaster // Entrepreneur // Speaker
Gretchen DeVault has been leaning the f*ck out for more than two decades. In 2017, she set a course to help other women do the same. She launched Lean the F*ck Out, a weekly podcast for female entrepreneurs and artists, which is preparing to launch its fourth season.
Definition: To lean the f*ck out is to forge your own path; to find the thing that feeds your soul and go after it with everything you have; to live the life you want.
One of Gretchen’s earliest acts of leaning the f*ck out was in her late 20s. While others were climbing the corporate ladder and buying houses, Gretchen left her steady job to tour the country and beyond with her indie pop band, The Icicles. Her business acumen and drive led to their music being licensed in commercials for Motorola and Target.
Upon return from tour, Gretchen launched her award-winning website design and digital marketing firm, Tiny Blue Sky. Today, she and her husband, Zane, run the business together.
In 2016, with 4-year old twins in tow, the DeVaults packed up their minivan and moved from the Midwest to Los Angeles in search of sunshine and a more creative life. Now living among the palm trees, Gretchen works on multiple music projects including her LA-based band The Francine Odysseys and shoegazer band Voluptuous Panic.
Gretchen is a vision setter, a joy-chaser and a do-er of the things. She loves inspiring others to also create the lives they want.
Speaking topics include:
- Lean the f*ck out and launch your own business
- Do. The. Thing. The not so secret sauce to building the life you want.
- Adventures in podcasting: how to produce a podcast that rocks
- Adventures in podcasting: launching your first podcast
- Adventures in podcasting: taking your podcast to the next level
- Unlocking the mystery of SEO
- 6 signs that it’s time for a new website
- Geeking out on Google Analytics